Welcome to Bowenwork in Olympia
We Specialize in Bowenwork for Chronic Pain, Illness and Injury Recovery.
What is Bowenwork?
Bowenwork is a cutting edge, hands-on clinical technique designed to reset your nervous system.
Therapists use gentle, measured moves in precise locations, which stimulate the body to release tension, often triggering a deep and profound healing process.
Bowenwork can quickly improve many health conditions, acute and chronic. Minor issues like back, neck and knee pain, loss of range of motion, joint stiffness or over-use issues can easily be addressed with Bowenwork.
What makes this therapy unique is its ability to accelerate healing from long-standing conditions or complex disorders by re-informing the body's nervous system. It's unique protocol allows for deep and lasting somatic changes in the body's behavior.
Bowenwork is Gentle, yet Effective.
We are currently studying the benefits of Bowenwork for Cancer Patients and Veterans with PTSD.
This unique therapy is practiced by medical doctors, nurses, physical therapists, chiropractors, and massage practitioners all across the country. Here in the Northwest, it is used at Swedish Medical Center’s Pain Clinic and taught at Bastyr University.
Bowenwork can holistically balance the body's systems - including digestive, circulatory, adrenal and lymphatic systems, and therefore has been know to be surprisingly effective for:
- Migraines and Headaches
- Sleeping Problems
- Auto-immune disorders
- Fybromyalgia, Chronic Pain & Fatigue
- Digestive & Reproductive issues
- Asthma & Allergies, and Respiratory illness
- TMJ / Jaw problems
- Depression, Anxiety, PTSD
- Many other conditions and diagnosis
* Bowenwork is safe and suitable for infants, children, expecting mothers and the elderly, as well as those who are severely ill or disabled.
We welcome you to experience Bowenwork
WHAT TO EXPECT IN A SESSION
- There will be gentle measured moves followed by a pause, and another set of moves.
- The moves are precise, and designed to illicit a specific response from your brain.
- The pauses are necessary to allow time for your nervous system to send messages.
- Each session is based on your specific needs and what stage of treatment your are receiving.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- Stabilizing the nervous system is the key to healing, and perpetual self repair.
- Bowenwork can resolve the root causes of even your worst symptoms.
- Give it a chance, and Bowenwork will amaze you !
IMPORTANT TO KNOW
- Standard treatment plan is 3-5 weeks.
- Treatments are ideally performed over loose clothing.
- It is advised to limit or suspend all other manipulative therapies while integrating Bowenwork.
- Please increase your water intake 3x.
- Avoid sitting longer than 30 minutes on the day of therapy.
- No heat, ice, massing or other body stimulation post-session.
- Take it easy, limit activity, but DO take a short walks.
- You may feel energetic fluctuation or changes in your body after your session.
- Listen to your body.
- Rest if you need to.